Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More on that daughter.

The same one who is editing for the well-known Christian university is also driving a shuttle van for them.

This is the girl who has flatly refused to drive my big Ford van, even though it's 18 inches shorter than the one she's now driving. In her defense, it might have something to do with the fact that we didn't replace the shocks until it had 250,000 miles on it. It might have been a little bouncy.

And then there's this thing called a steering box that might be a little worn, so the van swims all over the road. As in, you turn the wheel and nothing happens. But I'm used to it and it just doesn't intimidate me, so I keep driving it.

Anyway, since she had never driven a vehicle that big, Leah was a little apprehensive about how she would do. I assured her it's like any other car, just take your turns wide.

So the other day I got this picture from her:


Not only is she driving it with no trouble, she's parallel parking it too.

Show-off.

Be thankful ~

Karen

2 comments:

Deb said...

I am beyond impressed!

NaomiG said...

Wow! Good for her! I learned to drive, and yes, parallel park in one of those vans, so I always feel a bit of a sisterhood with regards to that. :-) I can't drive a big van without feeling that horribe embarrassment of a teenager rise up to this day tho, and will NEVER own anything remotely resembling a van ever. I've served my time in the van category. :-) That being said, it's an exceptionally good skill to have.