Friday, June 18, 2010

For once, I'm serious.

Here it is, Friday night already. My body feels like it should be Saturday morning, I've been up so long. Last night we stayed up way too late, and this morning we left the house at 4:15 to take Leah to the airport. She's on her way to The Lord's Bootcamp at Teen Missions International in Merritt Island, Florida. She'll be spending her summer as an assistant leader, taking a group of 13 teenagers to do gospel presentations in schools and factories, and go street witnessing in Hong Kong.

Four of our kids have gone on missions trips with TMI, and every one of them has wanted to go back. Deb went to Cuba, Leah to Poland, Abbie and Deb went to New Zealand and Australia, and last year Elijah went to Switzerland to paint a small castle owned by Youth With a Mission.

So Leah worked as a middle school music teacher last year, lived at home and saved a ton of money, and decided she would do one more trip before she starts grad school in the fall. If I ever won the lottery, I'd send my kids every year.

If you have teens or pre-teens, I highly recommend TMI as a great way to spend the summer. They come back changed.



Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: