Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 2.

Day 2 was Sunday. On our way into Pensacola Saturday, we met an evangelist who recommended a tiny church near where we're staying. Here it is:



Did I mention it was tiny? With Ben and me and two other visitors, there may have been 25 people there. But it was fun and we enjoyed meeting people who live in Florida all the time rather than just coming here for vacations. Here's the sign in  front of the church:


That kind of cracked me up.

After church we had a great salad at Applebee's and then headed for the beach. Spent a few hours people watching, sleeping, and going for a walk (yes, Leah, I found you a shell). While we were walking, we saw people start to point out to sea and realized there was a big school of dolphins right off shore playing around and then headed for home. Did I get a picture? No. I'm using Leah's camera and didn't want to get sand in it, so I didn't take it on the beach. Tomorrow you better believe I will. Even if I have to buy her a new one.

On the way home, we made a great discovery:


and let me just tell you there is no time that is not appropriate for a Mike's sub dripping with Mike's special sauce. It was incredible.

Got back to the hotel and sat in the jacuzzi for a bit, then showered and watched A Few Good Men (You can't handle the truth!) and slept the sleep of the almost-dead. Good day.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: