Friday, February 5, 2010

I lied. I'm talking about snow anyway.

I promised myself when I sat down at the computer to write a blog post that I would not harp about the massive snowstorm we are having this weekend.

But let me just say that the projected total accumulation has been increased by the National Weather Service three times already. Right now it stands at 20-30 inches. Yesterday every soul in Northern Virginia went to the store for bread, milk, and apparently, ground beef. I hear there was none to be found. Elijah and I scored a couple of snow shovels in the mad rush that was Lowe's. People were literally snatching the shovels out of employees' hands as they were being unpacked (the shovels, not the employees). It was like Tickle-Me-Elmo all over again. So here we are, all snug in our warm house with a cheery fire in the woodstove, having enjoyed a pot of soup and homemade bread for dinner. I'm in denial about the amount we're getting until tomorrow.

Poor Leah has only been to school one day this week (she's a teacher). She has cleaned, baked, is caught up on her Bible reading, and has been to the library. She's resorting to this:


She spent two hours reading the instructions to solve a Rubik's Cube and still couldn't do it. Mike came in and finished it in ten minutes. Jerk.

In other news, Sticky Bean has chosen his sport, and Papaw couldn't be more pleased:

 

Be thankful ~
Karen

No comments: