Sunday, January 17, 2010

Still being random. It must be a symptom of a larger problem.

It's a rainy Sunday. We have a living room full of guys watching football and laughing at Tony Romo (my apologies if you're a Dallas fan). I cooked a ton of food, and Ben did a ton of dishes. I ate a big piece of coffee cake (homemade, hot out of the oven), and I am feeling the tension in the waistband of my skirt, which makes it hard to think. Ben and the man-boy are having a basketball face-off after church tonight and I am afraid for their physical well-being. They are rather, uh, competitive, and that may be the understatement of the century. Ben will not quit, even if he has to shoot the ball with his teeth while dragging dislocated limbs.

I just failed English 101. You know, the part about each paragraph having its own topic? But English 101 doesn't live my life, so I feel justified. Somehow.

I finished Exodus last night, and now comes the rollicking good time of Leviticus and the eight gazillion laws therein. I know all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for (all that stuff), but oh boy, those laws. I think I'm a day or two ahead of schedule, but it won't last. I drag myself through the prophets and then make up time in the New Testament, which I'm much more familiar with, so I can read it faster because I anticipate what's coming. I hope that's not cheating.

And finally, the latest Sticky Bean:


He might be getting just a little less crabby.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: