Monday, December 21, 2009

Is it too late to plant daffodils?

Well, tomorrow's the day we four-wheel a few vehicles out the driveway. Mike has to go to work in the morning, and two kids have to be at the airport by 10:30 am. Today we thought we'd go out and start sweeping the snow off the cars. One car done, and I found that instead of 18 inches of snow, I now had 36 inches all the way around the car. Obviously, that plan was flawed.

So since the van is the closest thing to the street, we set our sights on uncovering it. Elijah got the snow off, and then Leah and Mike and I started shoveling tire tracks out to the street. Since it's downhill, it should work. I'm not sure how we're getting Mike's car out. I'll let you know tomorrow.



Somehow this doesn't look like much snow in the picture. But trust me, it's a lot. Here's Leah's car, which is going to stay buried until spring, and the trailer, which we moved off the street so the snow plow wouldn't hit it. No worries, the snow plow couldn't even get out of our cul-de-sac this morning at 4:30. My neighbor heard him out there and went out to see if he needed help (at 4:30!!). The guy asked, "Where am I?" Not exactly what you want to hear from your friendly snow plow driver. But apparently they start scraping and just follow the pavement. Neighbor told the guy what street he was on, and Mr. Plow radioed for help. By 7 am there were three trucks in the cul-de-sac, and they finally dug him free. I would have pictures but I was cocooned under my electric blanket.



Tonight's going to be 18 degrees. I think we're in this for the long haul.

But the good news is that I've had plenty of time to work (I did), clean the house (you can't be serious), and cook delicious meals (Leah did that, bless her heart), so all has not been lost. 

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: