Monday, December 28, 2009

Food for thought and speech, straight from the mouth of God.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. (Eph 4:29)

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. (Psalm 141:3)

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)

Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. (Col 4:6)

Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. (Psalm 34:13)

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. (Prov 15:1)

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. (Prov 16:24)

Therewith (the tongue) bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. (James 3:9,10)

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: (I Peter 3:10)

If ever we needed to make a resolution regarding our speech, it is now. Will you join me?

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: