1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.
I would not dare to share pictures. How horrifying. I hated middle school. I was the most peer-dependent girl I knew. Absolutely no self-confidence. It was awful. I had friends, liked my teachers well enough, just hated the awkwardness of my self. I have no specific memories because I've blocked them all out. Give me middle age any day.
2. What's your favorite Beatles song?
I was never a Beatles fan.
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
My smiley-monkey pajama pants and the T-shirt that advertises the triathlon I did not participate in at our local Y. And flip-flops.
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
Definitely, be a guest. I love to help; hate to be in charge.
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
I hope not, and no I wouldn't be ok with it. There's something comforting about holding a book—the feel and smell of it—that I wouldn't want to give up. And really, don't you learn a lot about people by going into their homes and looking at their books? It would be awkward to browse through their Kindle.
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
Reading. If you tell me directions, I will get lost. I must see them written down. But experiencing too. If I go there once, I can almost always get there again. Same with recipes—write it down or let me watch you make it.
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
Unbrushed teeth. I just couldn't stand it.
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
Seriously, are we ever just one all the time? One of my favorites though is chocolate-covered pretzels—I love the mix of salty and sweet. But also salty cashews. And ice cream. With salty cashews on it. I think I'm seeing a pattern.
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
The cork board that I bought to hang next to my desk. It's sitting on the floor behind the desk, unused, because I can't nail the hangers into it to put it on the wall. Really, the wood frame is hard as granite. Been there about four-five months.
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
I haven't seen many, so I guess The Firm. I love John Grisham's lawyer stories, and this one made a great movie. Plus, we used to live just outside of Memphis, so I know the area. The part at the end where they take the train thing over to Mud Island is cool. We've been there.
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
Give it to the boys. They don't care, so long as it doesn't make their hair "poofy."
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)
Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips.
If you haven't watched our 25th anniversary slide show below, please go do it!
Be thankful ~