Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I should have written a title first. My brain has shut down.

Every once in a while I get ahead on posts and have a few lined up and scheduled to auto-post. This is not one of those times. Most of the time I am severely behind and even my own husband gives up checking to see if I've written anything new. So in my quest to actually post new reading material three days in a row, I'm determined to write something tonight, even though it's 9:17 and I drove five and a half hours today, did some editing, washed and dried a load of laundry, made dinner, paid bills, and tried on fifteen skirts at the mall.

And no, none of them fit. The latest trend in fashion is the back gap. First we saw it in jeans, and now it's in skirts as well. Are there really women in the world who have more fat on their lower backs than on their stomachs? Should I just wear them backwards? But I digress.

We of the marathon house-improving began yet another project last weekend. Remember the year and a half without a floor? Well we finally put the flooring in last summer. However, when we approached the edge of the sunroom (a small room on the back of the house which had sliding glass doors on all three sides. Very leaky, old, ugly, non-slidey, 1980s sliding glass doors.), we found that the leaky doors had been, well, leaking. We had some rotten wood that would need replacing before the flooring could be put down. That necessitated ordering six windows and a door, tearing out all three walls full of nasty, and installing said windows and doors. That was Saturday's project.

And when I say we, I mean the male we's in the family.

The female we's spend their time cleaning, grocery shopping, doing laundry, and cooking, and the male we's are pretty satisfied with that.

But one of the things I try to do during these big projects is take pictures. I have to use one of the kids' cameras, because I don't own one. Abbie happened to leave her nice camera in my car last weekend, so I used it. I got great shots of the incredible mess, the couch on the deck, the huge holes in the walls, and the new windows going in. I put them all on the other computer (don't ask why), emailed them to myself, and when I opened them on my computer, they were blurry and grainy. So I did the one thing I am sure I know how to do—I took pictures with my phone. But by that time, the mess was gone, the couch was back inside, the holes were closed up, and the windows were all in. Use your imagination.



Mostly I post these pictures to encourage my parents that we really are making progress on our house. I know it doesn't seem like it, but we're getting there. See?

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love it! Except where are we going to sleep when we come?