Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Friday's Fave Five, on Tuesday.

Why is everything in my life off-schedule?

Some people post their five favorite things about the previous week on Friday or Saturday, which makes sense. I think about that on Tuesday.

Jenni at One Thing has Metaphor Monday. I come up with mine on Saturday.

Last night Leah asked me, "Mom, why do you always make blueberry muffins at dinnertime?"

Isn't that normal?

So here, just because I can, are my five favorite things from the last week, which in my brain, runs from Wednesday through Tuesday (at least this week it does):

1. I got a new bed. Our old (10 years) Kingsdown was the pits. Literally. I had my hole, Ben had his. We fought over the hump in the middle. I don't think either of us realized how bad the holes were until we got this new mattress. Ben kept saying, "I feel like I'm falling off the side." That's because he wasn't firmly encased in his hole.

2. Blueberry muffins for dinner. I have a great recipe and I could eat twelve of them myself. In case you're wondering, I found the recipe here, but I don't sprinkle sugar on the top.

3. Cool nights. We had a few that were in the 50s. Perfect sleeping weather.

4. Two dreams that, thankfully, were only dreams. In one, Leah cut her hair to a chin-length bob with bangs. It was awful. I was very happy to see her long, blonde hair the next morning. In the other dream, my friend Cindy and I both found out we were pregnant. Let's just say we're way past that.

5. Successful knee surgery for my mom. Her knee-replacement was yesterday, and it went just fine. When I talked to my dad last night, he was complaining about having to schlep (a Yiddish word--picture someone dragging around a bunch of heavy stuff) all her stuff that she brought to the hospital. She was proud of herself because she didn't even bring a curling iron—like she would be doing her hair the day after having a new major joint installed.

6. I know I said five, but I thought of another one. Mike took his Air Force test and qualified to be a linguist, which is exactly what he wanted. He is sworn in and ready to go whenever they have an opening. He's excited and I'm excited for him.

Definitely a good week.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Deb said...

It's a good thing you blog about important things like, I don't know, my brother being sworn into the Air Force. Otherwise I might wonder why he's not at Thanksgiving dinner or something.