Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Since I promised.

I did say on Sunday that I would share more about Tim.

Tim is a friend we met about five years ago when we moved to Tennessee. He is 23 years old and was a carpenter and a redneck when we met him. Big trucks, mudding, guns, the whole nine yards. But Tim has a cultured side. We found out he is a good violinist and is highly intelligent. So smart that, when he took his test to get into the Air Force, he scored a 98 on it. He qualified to do anything he wanted to do in the military.

So what did he choose?

EOD.

That's Explosive Ordnance Disposal.

Yes, he takes apart bombs. Or blows them up. Either way, it's a dangerous situation.

Anyway, he is currently stationed in Hawaii and stopped here on his way to Iraq for six months. This young man is leaving his wife of five months and going halfway around the world to protect your freedom to sit at your computer and read my blog without fear.

Pray for him.

Be thankful ~

Karen

3 comments:

Karate Mom said...

I wish I could shake his hand, but since I can't, I'll just hope that he reads this comment so I can say THANK YOU for what you're doing!

I am in awe of the men and women who fight for our country!

CAC said...

thanks for the sonic tip! i will definitely call you if we make it out there! hope you guys are doing well!

Becky said...

Wow! And wow!
May God bless and protect him.