Friday, October 10, 2008

Just in case you need another excuse to eat chocolate.

I go to the gym at least three times every week. Aren't you proud? Most of the time I even exercise while I'm there.

Last week one day Elijah's PE class ran a little long and Abbie and I found ourselves sitting in the waiting area reading magazines. I found what sounded like a good recipe, though just what it was for escapes me at the moment. I was seriously distracted.

I took the magazine to the front desk and asked the girl if she could copy the page for me. She happily agreed, but before she left for the copier, she told me about a chocolate-cake-in-a-mug recipe a friend had given her the day before. It sounded like something fun to try so she offered to copy that one for me too. Why do I go to the gym? I only get fatter.

Anyway, last night Abbie decided to try it, and I share it with you so I'm not the only one in blogland who can't lose weight.

First, in a large mug combine:

4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. powdered cocoa




Mix well. Add one egg and stir. Then add:

3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
small splash of vanilla

Mix thoroughly. At this point you can add 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips if you want. Abbie did.


Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at high power. The recipe calls for a 1000 watt oven. I don't know what mine is, but it did fine. If your mug is too small the cake will rise over the top - don't worry. Tip out on a plate to eat, or eat out of the mug. If you want ice cream on it you'll have to remove it from the mug.

This is really big enough for two people unless you're feeling blue, in which case you'll want to eat the whole thing by yourself. We understand.


Abbie wasn't feeling blue and she still ate the whole thing. But she didn't sleep a wink; beware the caffeine.

Now aren't you glad I go to the gym?

Be thankful ~

Karen

4 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Mmmmm. You should, in fact, go to the gym more often. Yummy!

Deb said...

I know what I'm making wednesday night!

Becky said...

Oh wow!
Looks yummy!
Who knew the gym was the place for the recipes! ; )

Anonymous said...

Thanks! That looks like a great idea for my girls missions class. They do like to eat.

Liz