Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hello, my name is Karen and I'm a lazy slob.

They say confession is good for the soul, but I'm not so sure.

Today was my first day in the gym since late May. That's pretty sad, but I'm trying to encourage myself with the old "better late than never" mindset.

I did mostly two sets on machines I used to do three sets on. I did the elliptical for ten minutes rather than the thirty I had worked myself up to. I swam 500 yards instead of 900. Tonight I'm going to take Pete for a two-mile walk.

You might think my efforts are aimed at getting in shape and you would be right, but only partly. My singular goal right now is to get a good night's sleep. Since I hit my forties, I have not been able to sleep well. At all. Ever. Well, maybe once in a great while, but only if I drug myself with every herbal concoction ever thought to induce sleep.

So I'm working out in hope that it will make me tired enough to fall asleep and stay that way. I'll let you know how I do.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you said you've tried every herbal concoction, but have you ever tried 5-htp? I have hormonally induced insomnia, and this works!!!! I tell you, it works! I take 200 mgs. an hour before bed (on an empty stomach) and I sleep like a baby. Try it!

:) Rie