Monday, June 30, 2008

A lot of not much.

Well, my children are safely home from Romania, we made it through a very busy weekend, and I am not working this week. So what will I do with myself?

I will cough. And cough some more.

Working in the pre-school has its disadvantages, the main one being that children of that age don't understand that while sharing is a good thing, sharing their germs is NOT. And share they did. One went home with pneumonia, another with bronchitis. I washed my hands like a maniacal obsessive-compulsive germophobe, but I still got something. So I'll cough.

I have a list of things to get done this week, but being sick puts a bit of a crimp in my plans. I'll do what I can and learn not to sweat the rest - I learned that from my sister-in-law, who is the master of keeping-it-positive-even-when-the-dog-hair-tumbleweeds-are-taking-over-the-house.

So far today I've emptied both the kids' suitcases and put most of the stuff away, made the bed, taken care of the neighbor's dog, read a few blogs (we must have priorities, you know), done a few loads of laundry, and emptied the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen.

In a little while I'm going to get a hair trim, have my lousy computer diagnosed again, and get Ben a new ATM card. By then I'll need a nap, I'm sure.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: