Monday, May 26, 2008

It's more like Labor Day around here.

What a day we have had.

First thing this morning I planted beans, which I was actually supposed to do last week but never got around to. So it's done.

Then I decided that, since it was going to be a beautiful day out, I would vacuum and wash my car. Pollen season seems to be over, and that's the time I wash the cars. Once a year.

I bet you think I'm kidding.

I'm not.

Then I thought, I'll do the Acura too. That's the one Leah drives. So I was out there up to my elbows in shopvac and dirty floors when I thought, you know, I ought to get Mike to drive his car up here too since it probably hasn't been cleaned since I did it two years ago. Yeah. Mike's car was so dirty that, after I beat the floor mats against a tree, they were significantly lighter, and the neighborhood was surrounded in a cloud of dust. Pretty nasty. I got all that done by 12 and did the washing after lunch.

And as if all that weren't enough for one day, I had the brilliant idea to run out for these:

Don't you wish the picture was scratch 'n sniff?

Now it's 8 pm and I've had my shower and I'm ready for bed. Nowhere in there is a thought of hulling a single strawberry. So I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: