Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Going, going, gone!

Today was the big day. Finally. Abbie has been more than a little stressed about the whole wisdom teeth thing. So as we were driving down to Richmond this morning, she asked why they were called wisdom teeth. I explained that, because they didn't come in until you were around 18, and because it is assumed that we have some wisdom when we become adults, they're called wisdom teeth.

She laughed and said, "That's when you're the dumbest!"

Quite profound, coming from an 18 year old.

Anyway, Abbie decided some time ago that she wanted pictures of her taken at this momentous occasion. She said she wanted to put one on her facebook. I wondered about that, but agreed to bring the camera.

She took this "before" of herself in the car this morning:


And here she is "after."


I told her I thought she'd regret her decision, but took the picture as instructed. The doctor fussed at me for bringing a camera, but I assured him it was her idea. At the moment, she is unconscious, with ice packs tied around her face in a stocking leg. I'll spare you that picture.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, bless her heart. I have been through this with my girl, and this fall I had my own last two removed. It was a terrible ordeal for me. They say it's worse the older you are! anyway, my heart goes out to her. First time here--enjoying your posts.