Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I am SUCH. A. GEEK.

We sat down to eat dinner tonight and Ben asked me to pray. So I began.

"Lord, thank you for your love and grace and mercy to us. Thank you for safety while we were all out today. Touch Leah and help the antibiotics to work quickly, and help her to feel better soon. And help her and Mike, I mean she and Mike, . . . no, it's HER and Mike (at this point we're all laughing hysterically and I'm having trouble finishing) with thier studies. Thank you for the food. In Jesus' name, AMEN."

Do you supposed God cares if I have the grammar wrong? Probably not. So why am I such a geek about it?

Then, as if my geekiness weren't enough, we got started talking about Ben's lack of flexibility, or what I THINK is his lack of flexibility. He protested vehemently, saying that there just wasn't ROOM for him to be flexible. He's always loved to work out, and has a very wide back, big biceps, and lots of muscle. So there we all sat at the dining room table, seeing who could do what contortions and laughing about it all. Then I realized that it was dark outside and our dining room is in the front of the house with a huge bay window. I wondered aloud what someone walking by the house would think if they looked in and saw us all flailing and trying to wrap our arms around the opposite sides of our heads.

And OH MY GOODNESS I just now realized I DIDN'T GET A PICTURE!!!!!

I AM SO FIRED!

Sometimes I wish I could hit the rewind button. *sigh*

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Just because you're fired doesn't mean you're not funny. Or that we love you any less. =)

But you're still fired. LOL.