Tuesday, November 6, 2007

By the end of the day I'll be a drowned gym rat

Today is errand day. That is a drag on several fronts, but mostly because it's raining, and even though we are in the midst of a ten-month drought which has us under a statewide burn ban which will ruin our Thanksgiving plans of camping and cooking the traditional feast over an open fire, I still don't want it to rain on errand day.

In other terrible news, Ben signed us up for a year at the YMCA last night. You know what this means, don't you? It means that I am all out of excuses. Please help me here - I have never been a gym rat and don't even know where to begin. I am totally intimidated by big machines and all that grunting and sweating. Isn't it bad for your hair or something? Won't the stress of it cause my blood pressure to be dangerously high? I think I'd better have another dark chocolate - you never can have enough anti-oxidants, you know. And I'm all about taking care of my health.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Mostly Sunny said...

Hummmm... we've been members of the Y for years, and my husband also is a "gym rat." I SHOULD be. I tell people I've gotten like Santa since I've been married... fat and happy. Maybe you'll be my encouragement to go. Don't know that I can get up 5:30 a.m. and go before work like my hubby, though. I mean, I want to be fit, not insane!!