Monday, September 24, 2007

First and foremost, my baby came home from Italy yesterday full of stories and extremely tired. She's still tired today and I guess it will take a few days to get accustomed to this time zone. I took her camera chips to Walmart to get the pics put on CDs and found that she took over 900 pictures. In 10 days. We've spent a few hours looking at them and still haven't gotten all the way through, but every picture has a story and she's telling me all of them. They saw all the usual things in Rome, climbed Mt. Vesuvius and saw the buried city of Pompeii, spent time in Sorrento, went to Capri and Naples and Florence, plus a few other smaller towns. Abbie says the highlight was seeing the prison where Paul and Peter were kept and where they wrote letters to the churches that comprise some of our Bible today. Can you imagine being in the same prison?? Makes me want to go! So next time you have a few thousand you don't know what to do with, go to Italy!





While I was sitting at Walmart waiting for CDs to be made, I saw this sign:



But not always correct spelling.

Be thankful ~

Karen

2 comments:

carrie said...

aside from the spelling, the pictures don't always turn out so great, I've found.

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Yikes! Hasn't anyone caught that mistake? I agree with Carrilouise, the pictures are not so good. I don't like that they are not glossy, reminds me of photos from the 60s.