Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sometimes your words come back to haunt you.

And isn't that what motherhood is all about?

A few days ago I turned in my last assignment of the semester. I finished up some work for one client yesterday. This morning I completed the rest of the tasks I had for another.

Then I sat at my computer wondering what to do.

I can't remember the last time I didn't have something to do. Or a hundred things to do.

So I wandered around the house a little and finally sat down on the couch and let out a loud sigh.

Mansquared stuck his head out of his room and said, "What?"

I explained that I didn't have any schoolwork or work-work.

He said, "Why don't you dust?"

Really?

I asked, "Why would I do that?"

Finally he said, "Read a book," and went back in his room.

Then he stuck his head back out and said, "Isn't it funny how our roles have switched?"

Ha ha.

Be thankful ~

No comments: