Tuesday, November 6, 2012

On being thankful. Days 5 and 6.

I missed a day, but I have a good excuse. Leah and I were at the Romney rally in Fairfax, Virginia, yesterday, standing outside in the freezing cold wind waiting to get inside the freezing cold Patriot Center at George Mason University where we waited another very long two hours before Mitt and Ann Romney got there.


I know it doesn't look like it from the photos, but we had pretty good seats. We were among the first 500 people there. Here's Mitt and Ann being introduced and coming onto the stage.


Ann Romney is a lovely, gracious woman, one I would want to sit down and have coffee with and talk about the grandchildren with. I understand why Mitt loves her; she's very likeable. I'd love to see her as First Lady.


The rally itself was great. You know how these things are—like large-scale high school pep rallies. We especially loved the family with five small children right behind us. The kids were waving signs and yelling "Yes!" and "No!" at all the right times. They were awesome.

Then as we were walking across campus to our cars after it was over, we passed this sign. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, but here we have photographic proof. This is at a large, well-known university.


As if the misspelling weren't bad enough, we also have random use of upper and lower case letters.

After all the freezing, we decided we needed a cup of tea and a bowl of Panera's cheddar broccoli soup, so we braved the traffic into the heart of Fairfax (30 minutes to go 2 miles, and that is no exaggeration whatsoever). But it was worth it when our table neighbor declared Mitt would win with 330 electoral votes. I hope he was right.

It was a good day. I'm thankful for a daughter who is substantially smarter than I am about political stuff, and for the fact that she lives close enough that we can get together for fun dates like this.

Be thankful ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! We're watching coverage tonight. I guess only time will tell.

That sign is so sad! =) You find some exciting errors, don't you?

Have a great night!

Kayla said...

That sounded like it was a wonderful day. The sign is quite sad, just like I am this morning.