Monday, November 19, 2012

On being thankful. Days 16, 17, 18, and 19.

I like fours. That's why I'm writing this series in four-day sets.

Yeah, that's it.

Let's see if I can remember all the way back to Friday, which was the 16th.

No. Sorry.

Since then cleaned and done laundry, made a trip to the food farm that involved turkeys and milk, cooked dinner for a couple we've been going to church with for 2 1/2 years but just met a few weeks ago (hazards of a big church), realized how much I love the young people in our Sunday school class, had my car worked on (it's sprouting leaks faster than a loofah), and met Ben for lunch while delivering a tie and jacket for an unscheduled meeting.

Is it any wonder I can't put together a coherent thought?

And before the day is over I will make dinner, do more laundry, get my hair cut, and research why after 30 days we still don't have the license plates for Ben's truck.

However, I do have plenty to be thankful for.

16. I'm thankful for the braniacs at Verizon who can whip my phone into shape in very short order. The fact that they erase all my apps in the process shouldn't factor into the equation, so I'm trying to be thankful that there are even apps for me to download in the first place. I just wish I could remember my Instagram password.

17. I'm thankful for dried pineapple. It's one of my favorite snacks after Ritz crackers with peanut butter and Nutella.

18. I'm thankful for the days we hear from Mike, who is currently serving in the Air Force in a hostile zone which I am not allowed to disclose but which you can probably guess. Tomorrow I will be baking cookies to send him. I'll be glad when he is stateside.

19. I'm thankful for a woodstove despite the mess it makes. It is the coziest heat ever.

Okay, so according to my schedule, I'll be back on the 23rd with more. :)

Be thankful ~

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I grew up in a house that was heated with a wood stove. There is nothing like that kind of heat. I didn't realize somehow that Mike was "over there". I will be adding him, as well as his co-workers to our prayers. Thank him for us, will you?

Rachel said...

Keeping your son inour prayers!