Sunday, May 13, 2012

Las Vegas Day 1: Travel

In case you didn't know, I am in Las Vegas for a few days with my daughter Leah, who is interviewing for teaching jobs in some local middle schools. I have never felt more "country come to town" in my life, and words are seriously failing me to describe all the sensory overload I'm experiencing. So in lieu of words, I'll just share a few photos from day one, with some minor commentary.

Here's Leah on the first flight. At this point, we have not yet taken off out of Richmond and the pilot is explaining that our flight will be rerouted because of some bad weather around Chicago, and because of the rerouting, we have to go back to the gate to get more fuel. Well yes, thank you, let's do that. Because of the getting-more-fuel thing, we will subsequently miss our flight out of Chicago. Off to a stellar start.


The United ticket counter in Chicago, made up mostly of people from our flight. You can't really appreciate how long this line is. We were thrilled to be among the first people there.


The psychedelic moving walkway in O'Hare, which I used no fewer than six times in my finally successful quest for a wireless mouse.


The Rocky Mountains.


Canyonlands in Utah.


Approaching Las Vegas. It's pretty much a high desert bowl surrounded by mountains.


The famous strip.


On the ground. It's completely flat, but every direction you look there are mountains. It's gorgeous.


More mountains.


Literally the first thing we saw when we got off the plane.


Woohoo!


Priorities.


Day two has proven to be just as eventful. Photos coming tomorrow.

Be thankful ~

No comments: