1. Remember two weeks ago when I was in Las Vegas where the air is extremely dry and my skin was like alligator hide and I said I couldn't wait to get back to Virginia for some humidity? I take that back.
2. I am very slow with technology. I recently got a smart phone that uses the Android OS. I successfully found Instagram. I know how to take a photo and post it to Twitter and Facebook, but that's as far as I've gotten. Also, I found Words With Friends and have been playing it with one of my word-nerd nieces. I've heard people say things like "I'm addicted to that game!" and I've totally blown them off. I'm addicted to that game.
3. My daughter downloaded Angry Birds on my phone. Did you know that if you tap the screen after you slingshot a little blue bird, he breaks into three pieces and each one blows something up? You're welcome.
4. Sunday night is my favorite meal of the entire week. Usually Ben makes dinner—perfect fried eggs. I think I'm a pretty good cook, but I can't for the life of me make decent fried eggs. Ben's are perfect. Tonight, however, he didn't cook because he damaged a tendon in his left arm yesterday, so we went to Chipotle for a burrito. Either way, Sunday night food is the best.
5. I am learning to appreciate Sunday afternoon baseball. We are Mets fans, and this happens to be a pretty good year for us so far, the first since 1986.
6. Abbey started her internship today with a wedding photographer. Today she second-shot her first wedding, and I got this text from her a little while ago: Ova. I'm exhausted.
7. Leah is in NYC with a group of teenagers who are singing at Avery Fisher Hall Monday evening. Apparently they've been singing hymns in four-part harmony in the subway. I so wish I was there to hear it.
8. I've taken a week off of any kind of working out since my race, and tomorrow will be my first day back in the gym. Because it's so miserably hot and humid, I'm going to run on the treadmill, and then do a Strive class. I hope I don't seize up.
9. I spent part of my afternoon listening to Patsy Cline songs on iTunes.
10. (because we can't end on an odd number) Tomorrow when the rest of America is grilling hot dogs and hamburgers, Ben will be smoking country-style ribs on his Big Green Egg. I'm making potato salad, baked beans, roasted veggies, and corn on the cob. And then I'll have to run again on Tuesday.
Thank you to all of you who have or had any part in serving our country. My family appreciates the freedoms you help ensure.
Be thankful ~