Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I blogged, but it's not my fault.

I am fresh out of blog topic ideas, probably because I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger, and never stop to consider that anything I'm doing is blog-worthy. It isn't, unless you love hearing about the laundry, dog hair, cooking, errands, and trips to the gym. But the family is once again haranguing me about lack of new posts, so here I am trying to make something up.

It's not working.

I am currently waiting for my knight in shining armor to come home and rub the workout-induced knots out of my back so I can go to the gym tomorrow and regain them. I'm up to 14 miles a week running, and plan to stay at that level for a few weeks. My short runs are 2 or 3 (or 3 1/2), and my long run last week was 6. I'm getting there slowly but surely.

And I found another half marathon I might be interested in: the Dismal Swamp Stomp in Suffolk, Virginia, which is where we used to live. The selling point of this race is that it's FLAT, and that's my kinda running. But it's just a month before the Historic Half in Fredericksburg, and I'm not sure I can do two that close together.

(Feel free to beat my family for haranguing me into writing this uninteresting slop.)

In other news, Mike passed his checkride, so he gets to come home on leave for 2 weeks, and Abbie will pass her physics class, so we can all relax until next semester's crisis. I'm trying to figure out how to set Leah up with a great guy we've found her, and Deb has surprised us all by taking a computer programming class. Mansquared put the mud guards on his truck today.

Hey! Wake up!

(Is that enough? May I stop running off at the mouth and go to bed now? Thank you.)

You're welcome.

Be thankful ~

1 comment:

Jen's Busy Days said...

Well, how about a running off at the mouth comment just to make it more interesting?

I have new chickens which I am loving to just sit and watch everyday. In a household full of noise (4 boys!) it is so nice to just go right down the backyard and just sit watching them. Right now I have 6 big chooks of 3 different breeds and this weekend will be adding 4 silkies (bantams). I can't wait. It will certainly balance out the male:female ratio in this household of boys/men and male dogs.

We have our Christmas decorations up, cleaning as I went, but I haven't got as much Christmas shopping done as I would like.

The kids are slightly off kilter because our routines are out of whack due to our junk mail delivery job being quite big in this period leading up to Christmas. Sometimes wonder if the big corporations would be better off donating the money they spend on advertising to actually helping someone instead of helping us spend our money on non-essentials which don't really help us at all.

Well, I guess I better go before I send your other readers to sleep.

Best wishes
Jen in Oz