Friday, July 1, 2011

The cold, hard slap of reality.

Well, then.

Apparently my daughter's commentary on homeschooling was a hit (get it? a hit?). This blog received more visits in one day than ever before. Thanks to all who came to read.

While Leah was busy keeping my website going, I was sitting in my beach chair with my feet in the surf, becoming a vegetable. I don't go to the beach very often (it's 2 1/2 hours away), but at least once a year, I like to go shut down for a day. And yesterday was it.

Abbie, Man-squared, J (Man-squared's friend), and I left at 7:30 am to enjoy a day in the sun, and it was the perfect day for it. Mid-80s, no clouds, warm water, and no jellyfish. It was lovely. I slept, didn't think, listened to a grandpa tell his 2-year-old granddaughter to shush, stop it, and quiet now at least 500 times and I really don't think I'm exaggerating (thanking God for iPods), and enjoyed a few salty swims with Abbie.

And because I've been made an exercise freak, I went for walk from our spot on 20th Street all the way to Rudee Inlet and back. That would be 2.6 miles.

No pictures because I didn't want my camera to get sandy and I just never thought to use my phone, but I can assure you the beach looks the same as ever.

So after a warm, relaxing day in the sun, today it's back to reality with Strive and then work, work, work. I have a huge project I'm working on and will spend the majority of my weekend on it.

Happy Friday!

Be thankful ~

No comments: