Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday confessions 7.

1. Like Melissa, I forgot too. But I always forget until I see that she's written her Saturday confessions, and then I sit down and write one and post it like I had it ready all along. Now you know the truth.

2. This week I made a big batch of the best granola on earth, with coconut and flax seed and real maple syrup. It's amazing stuff and I always eat a big bowl when it's warm and crispy out of the oven, with organic vanilla yogurt on it.


Then I decided I was not going to be denied my weight-loss goal by one lousy pound, so I'm not eating it again until June 1st. It's calling me from the top of the refrigerator where the full container sits.

3. It rained here all week. Not non-stop, but every day we had thunder and at least some rain. Most days we had a hard rain. Pete is on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of all the thunder, and now that today is sunny with no storm, he's exhausted and has been sleeping all day.


His constant pacing and panting and drooling drive me out of my mind. His nails go tic-tic-tic on the wood floor until I chase him to the laundry room where his crate is and shut the door so he can't get out. Last night I walked in there and stepped in a big puddle of drool with my bare foot. I wanted to shoot him.

4. I am roasting two chickens today and my house smells heavenly. I'm doing them today because Ben is the chicken peeler in this family, and he's having surgery on Tuesday. We needed them done before that. I probably should have done three.

Have you written your Saturday confessions yet? Link up at A Familiar Path.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Melissa Stover said...

i have a storm scared dog too. it's thundering right now.