Saturday, May 7, 2011

The only difference between this post and a list is the lack of numbers.

It's Saturday afternoon just before 5 pm. Man-boy spent the day pressure-washing a neighbor's house, and while all his friends were sleeping off their all-night youth activity of last night, he was out working and making money. Last night he would much rather have been going to the all-nighter, but today I think he's glad he padded his bank account. I keep telling him five years from now he won't even remember it. Sometimes it's hard being 17.

And speaking of 17, the Man-boy will be 18 on Monday, and then what will I call him? He'll be a Man-man! It might be time for a new nickname.

Deb texted today that they are all sick again. David and Bean have a cold, she has sore throat, and brand-new Button has a little bit of a runny nose. She says she's going to eat some garlic, but I'm not sure what that will do to her milk. Can you imagine garlic milk?

I spent today grocery shopping, sweeping and vacuuming up dog hair, and running some errands. I'm trying to find a longer chain for a necklace Ben bought me years ago. Have you priced 14K chains lately? I was more than a little shocked. 400, 500, 600 dollars. It's crazy. Then I decided I would just look for a chain extender to make the one that's on it longer (that's the problem: it's very short and chokes me), but I tried one on and you can see both sides of it, so now I don't know what I'm going to do. Keep thinking, apparently.

One day last week Abbie posted a photo on Facebook that a friend of hers had taken of her. Then she put a link to the Nikon equivalent of the Canon that took the photo on my wall so I'd be sure to see it, as if I could afford this $8000 camera. However, it does take an amazing picture. I hope someday she makes a million and gets to buy it.


Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: