1. The people in my house don't call those green things avocados. They call them guacamoles. I think that's cutting to the chase.
2. On a related note, the best guacamole has five ingredients: avocado, red onion, fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, and kosher salt. Amen.
3. The resiliency of a teenage boy is amazing. Three days ago Man-boy was drugged up on double doses of vicodin, unable to eat or drink. Today he is outside playing basketball with one leg in a cast.
4. My grandmother continues to crack me up, even from the grave. I remembered today the time she told me about an article she read in the newspaper about owls. It said they were "wonton killers." She laughed until she peed herself.
5. Husbands who peel the meat off the roasted chickens are worth bonus points.
Be thankful ~