Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm always learning.

1. I just looked through almost a thousand pictures and I learned one thing: it takes that many tries for me to get three really good shots. I have so much to learn.

2. So far in the last two days we've gone from 9 degrees to 51, sunshine to rain, sleet, and hail, and we're awaiting another snow. I hate winter. This is not something I just learned today; I've known it since my growing-up years on the beach. I just had to throw it in because I feel like complaining about it.

3. This morning I decided to step it up a notch on the elliptical and wound up doing 2 miles in 20 minutes. I did that by starting at level 6 and going up a level every minute. Then when you get to 10, you go back down to 7 and move up one level every minute until you get to 11. Then back down to 8 and so on until you get to 20 minutes or fall out on the floor. I'm happy to report that I did not fall out on the floor.

4. I also learned that you have to be careful when you move your hand up to wipe the sweat out of your eyes. My finger caught the earbud wire on the way back down and electronics went flying in all directions. Kind of freaked the guy next to me out.

5. When you are young and deciding to have lots of children, be sure to consider the fact that they will all need braces, will need to have their wisdom teeth taken out, will drive, and will go to college. Consider this: Five children means five vehicles (or in our case, seven), which translates to 20 (or 28) tires. Tires are now well over $100 each. Add gas and oil changes and the occasional transmission rebuild and you are in the poor house. Just so you know.

6. On the other hand, lots of children have the potential to provide you with lots of grandbabies. There's always an upside.


Especially when they're this cute.


No one can resist them!


Be thankful ~

Karen

2 comments:

NaomiG said...

It's been warm enough here that the black widows and wolf spiders are back in full force. I'll take winter any day over that in my shower in the morning. :-)

Um... that whole tire thing made me very very very happy to only have two kids. Wow.

Unknown said...

#4 made me literally laugh out loud . . .=D