Friday, December 3, 2010

My new toy.

Last week I broke the news to Ben that Abbie would need a good camera for next semester. She is studying art, and minoring in photography. Last year she had to have a 35mm film SLR, and we found one pretty inexpensively on eBay. Next year she goes digital.

Since I'd already done all the research into cameras when I was deciding which one I wanted for myself, we knew we would buy her a Nikon, and she said she would be thrilled to have the same one I have, a D5000. When I bought mine, I got it with the kit lens, which is suitable but not great. I immediately set my sights on a 35mm f1.8 and started saving for it. So when it was time to buy Abbie's, we decided to just buy the camera body, give her my kit lens, and also buy the one I wanted. This really was all Ben's idea, I promise. I did not do any whining or hinting at all. I'm not complaining.


I'm having so much fun with the depth of field (see how it's in focus up close and blurry farther away? That's depth of field. It just looks really cool.) And I can even get sharp shots of the mutt! I love the new lens!


I can't wait for Sticky Bean to get here. I will try not to explode the Internet with all the cuteness.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Great pictures! I really want to learn how to do more with my camera...I have a Nikon D40, which I love, but I don't really know what I'm doing with all the settings. I need to go take a class or something. You look like a natural! :-)