Wednesday, December 15, 2010

As long as we're both miserable, it's okay.

I went out to run a few errands before church tonight and while I was driving around listening to the news on the radio, I heard the weather forecast. 

Snow. Two to four inches.

I started to get mad and compose a rant against my husband Ben, because every time he goes on business travel, it snows at home. Last year he went to Kuwait for two weeks and we got eighteen inches. Years ago when we lived in Memphis, he was flying to Japan via Hawaii and Guam, but there was a nasty storm in Guam so he and his buddies got "stuck" in Hawaii. We had an ice storm. In Memphis.

Clearly, it's his fault. So I was ready to let him have it, until I heard the forecast for where he is.

Six inches followed by a layer of ice.

I repent, dear. Stay safe.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: