Sunday, September 12, 2010

Zzzzzzzz . . .

Well, wonders never cease. The JMU Dukes beat the Virginia Tech Hokies yesterday, 21–16. If you don't live in Virginia, you probably don't care about that, and I wouldn't either except that between the years of 2004 and 2009, JMU sucked about $90,000 out of my checking account. So I care as much as someone not at all interested in college football can. My level of enthusiasm is directly proportional to the amount of money that comes out of my wallet. The only thing I like about football is the chips and queso.

In case you're wondering what a Hokie is, here's the explanation.

Also, I've discovered that I have hormone-induced hypersomnia, which means I have excessive sleepiness in the middle of the day. Who knew it had a name? This may or may not be related to the fall allergies I seem to have developed at the ripe old age of 49. I've never been allergic to anything in my life, and now all of a sudden I have the scratchy-throat-burning-eyes response to ragweed that can only be cured with a daily Claritin, which in turn may have something to do with the hypersomnia. It's a vicious circle (not a vicious cycle, which would refer to a really awesome Harley Davidson).

And finally, in my work this week I found a great website based on the book Common Errors in English Usage. I could sit and read this stuff all day!

Until I fall asleep.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Connie said...

I clicked on the link out of curiosity and read several of the examples. Then I thought of one of my pet peeves and looked for it, sure enough it was there. It seems that writing loose for lose is an epidemic nowadays and it drives me crazy!