Sunday, August 8, 2010

Things I learned at the pizza joint.

You know how they say everything you need to know you learn in kindergarten? That's a lie. You learn it from the college & career Sunday school class. These people are incredibly smart with the kind of random-trivia, we-know-something-about-everything kind of smart. And they know how to work iPhones and Droids!

I always learn things from them. Tonight they taught me how to play "Who Am I?", the game in which you all write a person (or sort-of person) on a piece of paper, you all swap papers, and then hold it on your forehead so everyone but you can see it, and you ask yes/no questions to try to figure out who you are. Are you ready? Here's Abbie:


We also had Matt Damon, Lucille Ball, Jerry Falwell, Jennifer Aniston, and Miss Piggy. I was Michael Jordan, and I won by guessing who I was first.

I also learned how to fold a dollar bill into a bowtie:


How impressive is that? Seriously, it's a shame we have to pay $25,000 a year for our kids to become the well-rounded individuals they are.

And now it's 11 pm and I need to get to bed. But first I have to read more of Making Rounds With Oscar, the book about the cat who lives in a nursing home in Rhode Island and knows when a patient is going to die.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: