1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
At a Sunday school class gathering when Perry made us play some game where you read a card that looks like gibberish but actually sounds like a common saying. Everybody wound up laughing at me laughing at the card.
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?
Put it in my camera fund.
3. Do you volunteer anywhere?
Does the church nursery count? I only do every fifth Sunday night because that's all I can handle. It takes me a full quarter to recover.
4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?
Fresh tomatoes. I cut them in chunks, sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper, drizzle with a little evoo, and throw in some fresh basil. My mouth is watering.
5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?
VERY small. It basically consists of my immediate family. Between working, homeschooling, and taking care of the fam, I have no time for being social. I get all the people-time I need at church activities.
6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?
Last summer we went to my 30th high school reunion. It was great fun. I was amazed that people my age still drink like they're in high school. I'm so sheltered.
7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?
Give me a foot rub. I go to another place. Ahhhhhhhh . . .
8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?
We don't do summer vacations . . . we work. That's what $25K tuition bills will do to you. And really, I prefer to vacation someplace warm in the winter or spring.
9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?
There is seriously nothing in my purse that I don't use at least occasionally. I'm just not one to carry lots of junk, and can't stand a disorganized purse. But if I had to pick one thing, it would be my bank debit card. I might use it twice a year. And I never remember the PIN.
10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?
I haven't. I just don't do movies. My kids try to get me to watch this one or that one, but I just can't do it. It feels like such a supreme waste of time to me. Sorry.
11. Describe a perfect summer day.
Mostly sunny, about 85 degrees, no more than 70% humidity, on a beach, nice breeze, good book, no jellyfish in the water. Perfection!
12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!
Technically it's not from the summer. This was taken in Destin in April, before the oil spill ruined the beaches.
And here's one of my mommy and me.
Thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for thinking up twelve random questions and enabling me to bring your another daily dose of drivel.
Be thankful ~