Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The random dozen again!

1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?

At a Sunday school class gathering when Perry made us play some game where you read a card that looks like gibberish but actually sounds like a common saying. Everybody wound up laughing at me laughing at the card.

2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?

Put it in my camera fund.


3. Do you volunteer anywhere?

Does the church nursery count? I only do every fifth Sunday night because that's all I can handle. It takes me a full quarter to recover.


4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?

Fresh tomatoes. I cut them in chunks, sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper, drizzle with a little evoo, and throw in some fresh basil. My mouth is watering.


5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?

VERY small. It basically consists of my immediate family. Between working, homeschooling, and taking care of the fam, I have no time for being social. I get all the people-time I need at church activities.


6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?

Last summer we went to my 30th high school reunion. It was great fun. I was amazed that people my age still drink like they're in high school. I'm so sheltered.


7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?

Give me a foot rub. I go to another place. Ahhhhhhhh . . .

8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?

We don't do summer vacations . . . we work. That's what $25K tuition bills will do to you. And really, I prefer to vacation someplace warm in the winter or spring.


9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?

There is seriously nothing in my purse that I don't use at least occasionally. I'm just not one to carry lots of junk, and can't stand a disorganized purse. But if I had to pick one thing, it would be my bank debit card. I might use it twice a year. And I never remember the PIN.


10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?

I haven't. I just don't do movies. My kids try to get me to watch this one or that one, but I just can't do it. It feels like such a supreme waste of time to me. Sorry.

11. Describe a perfect summer day.

Mostly sunny, about 85 degrees, no more than 70% humidity, on a beach, nice breeze, good book, no jellyfish in the water. Perfection!

12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!

Technically it's not from the summer. This was taken in Destin in April, before the oil spill ruined the beaches.


And here's one of my mommy and me.

I don't get to see her nearly enough, but we have fun when we're together.

Thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for thinking up twelve random questions and enabling me to bring your another daily dose of drivel. 

Be thankful ~

Karen

10 comments:

Jill said...

Hello! #4 made my mouth water too. I'm a homeschool mom of six children ages 10-21. It's a busy life! Nice to "meet" you.

Catherine said...

I'm nodding my head at Number 3 -- I can't even bring myself to do nursery any longer. I deliberately bury myself with other Sunday morning stuff so no one will ever ask.

Connie said...

I enjoy working in the nursery once a month but babies only. If they are over 15 months or so, no thank you. I don't enjoy it once they start getting an attitude!
Thanks for the answer to #5. I am the same way and it helps me to know I am not the only one! I do belong to some homeschooling groups also but that is it.
P.S. I miss Disqus too. Google hates me so if I disappear from commenting I am still reading, I just can't sign in to comment!

Kara Jean said...

I am lost with out my bank debit card. I use it for everything. So, I am curious. How do you pay for stuff?

Patrice and Higgins said...

I feel the same way about #3...it takes me time to recover also!! LOL!

Mocha with Linda said...

Fun answers!! But what is evoo? The tomatoes sound great; I haven't found any homegrown ones yet this year.

Katie :o) said...

The tomatoes description was mouthwatering!!! Yum! Beautiful family!

NaomiG said...

Hm. In our small assembly, I am currently the logical one to take the 3YO Sunday school class. (My kids are in another Sunday school class, and I'm the only one who doesn't have an infant--there's only 22 of us.) I shake in my boots just thinking about it. :-) I'm going to go cut myself some tomatoes right now. Yum!

Joyce said...

I can relate to the exorbitant tuition bills...my oldest graduated from uni in May so it was nice to not get the double bill this time around. Still painful but better : )

Enjoy your day!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Does the church nursery count? OH HONEY. It counts MORE than anything else! ha ha. Your mom is completely lovely. Thanks for playing and for the RD12 encouragement.