Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I think I can. I think I can.

Today went pretty much as expected. I worked in the morning, did laundry, cleaned up what little there is to clean up when only three people live in a house, and at 12 went to get a muffler put on Abbie's car. $190 later, I drove out with a quiet car (no more moo-ing!) and new windshield wipers. Ben and I were lamenting yesterday that we remember mufflers going for $29.99 at Midas. I won't tell you how many years ago that was.

Anyway, Abbie and I met at the mall after that to pick up a few items for school which I will not expound upon here, and then went to Wally World in search of office-supply joy.

I love office supplies. Pencils. Pens. Post-it Notes. (except we buy the cheap brand because really, does a stack of paper with glue strips on the back have to cost $6?) I even love jumbo paper clips, but not the plastic ones. They don't hold paper worth a flip. You have to get the metal jumbo ones. And did you know you can find a wide variety of fine-point pens at Staples? Just my little geek-tip of the day. You're welcome.

Anyway.

Is it just me, or has Wally World gone significantly downhill in the last year? I'm thinking of making the permanent switch to Target. The only thing holding me back is a half-gallon container of International Delight French Vanilla creamer. Target only sells the wimpy quart-size bottles, and that just won't do. The best part of waking up is Folgers (with International Delight French Vanilla creamer) in your cup. (Raise your hand if you can sing that ditty. You probably remember $29.99 mufflers too.) But I already get my milk at Target (rBST-free) and their produce is waaaaaay nicer than WW's.

Let's see. Today is August third. Do you suppose I can go the rest of the month without one visit to WW? I have a friend who has always said, "A day is not complete without a trip to Wal-Mart." I wonder if I can do it? What do you think? A Wal-Mart fast?

I'm up for it! I'll let you know how it goes.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: