Sunday, August 22, 2010

A birthday poem for the editor (me).

My co-workers have a tradition of sending birthday greetings to each other, and those greetings are often in the form of poems, or po-ims, as we call them. Here's the first po-im I read today, from Ginny:

2-day I here its ur birthday.
Culd this b tru?
I hope u no wee apreesheate
Everythin u due.
And if u sea a mistake o 2
o three o even mor
We no you will fix em quick,
Thats y u we adoor.

Wit red pen in hand
n dichinairy by ur side
No split infinativ
can sirvive
Ur all ways redee
to git us thru,
Wit beter gramma
n spelin to,

Sew in this greating maid 4 u
My erers r their four u,
Its just cuz I want u to no,
How much we luv u.

Hopping to grately make ur birthday x-tra spechil.

I laughed until I had tears running down my face, and howled so much the dog got nervous. Thanks, Ginny. My birthday wuz x-tra spechil!

I'll be back tomorrow with reflections on turning 49.

Be thankful ~


Karen

1 comment:

Connie said...

Wow, reading that was painful and I am not an editor!
Belated Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day yesterday :)