Thursday, June 24, 2010

Once upon a time I had a phone.

Like everyone else I know, I'm sick of paying a high price for mediocre service.

Take my telephone, for instance. We still live in the dark ages with a landline phone. Mostly because I don't hear so great (heh?) on my cell phone and don't want to have to use it all the time. So I recently found out that if I have my phone service with the same people who provide my high-speed Internet, it will save me about $40 a month, which gets me $40 a month closer to the totally unnecessary camera I've been coveting.

So I decided to make the switch.

Oh, would that it were that easy.

First, Ben had to call and put my name on the phone account, so the names on both accounts match. Then we scheduled the new phone install for today, and the old phone cut-off for tomorrow, thinking we'd be safe. Knowing I had a ton to do and wanted to make Pilates at 4, I agreed to the 11 am to 2 pm slot.

It's 9:30 pm. The service guy just rang my doorbell and I'm not even kidding. 9:30 pm. Half my family is in bed for the night and he wants to install a new phone?


I don't think so. Tomorrow I'll call phone company #1 and ask them not to cancel my service yet. Phone company #2 will give me a free install and all kinds of perks that I haven't dreamed up yet. And they'll all live happily ever after.

The end.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: