Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bits and pieces.

1. In my ongoing saga of the annual eye exam and subsequent new glasses, I'm on my fourth set of lenses, and the jury is still out. Lasik is looking better, but not much else is. I can see great if I sit four feet from my computer. Unfortunately, that makes it hard to type.

2. On a positive note, I have a new work assignment. You may know that I am an editor of marketing material and E-Books for The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine. But since the E-Book schedule is light for the summer, I'm going to be doing research and contributing writing for an upcoming series of unit studies, and that's really exciting to me. I love research!

3. Slice-and-bake cookies are really good once in a while. I wouldn't want a steady diet of them, but when the guys are away, they're a pretty good substitute for the real thing.

4. Question: If we say tortilla (tor-tee-ya), why don't we say flotilla (flow-tee-ya)? The word does come from Spanish, so what's the problem?

5. The higher the price you pay for a hotel room on the beach, the greater the chance that it will rain.

6. Thunder still gives Pete a nervous breakdown. He's locked in jail for my sake.

And with that, I will say goodnight before my computer gets zapped.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: