Monday, May 31, 2010

Dear Mike,

As I sit down to write to you today, Memorial Day 2010, my eyes are already filling with tears. I could not be more proud of you, son.

When you learned new things as a little boy, I was excited for you. When you began to drive, had a job, and went off to college, I knew the future held great promise for you. When you graduated from JMU, my heart was bursting with happiness at what you had accomplished. You have made a good name for yourself everywhere you've gone. Throughout your life you have left a trail of people who speak very highly of you, and whom you have influenced for good.

But seeing you wearing the US Air Force uniform with our name on it leaves me speechless with pride. I have no doubt you will go far and do great things.

Thank you for the being the wonderful son you are. Always remember Whose you are, and depend on Him to help you every step of the way. Thank you for your service to our country.

No comments: