Thursday, May 20, 2010

I do not have a photo. I was busy licking my fingers.

Yesterday was round four at the eye doctor. For several reasons, we are having trouble making me a pair of glasses I can actually, you know, see with. Because I am vain and refuse to wear regular bifocals with the line in them, and because I have a crazy-bad astigmatism in my right eye, and because my last lenses came from Canada and we can't get them anymore, and because the stylin' new frames I picked out are 3mm shorter than my last ones, so far it's been impossible.

The opticians have been wonderful, measuring and re-measuring, looking at this and that, doing everything they could to make the first three tries at lenses work. But no.

So yesterday the eye doctor double-checked my prescription (it's correct), and then two doctors and three opticians pored over the lens books trying to find just the right one. They finally picked one, we decided to go with the old frame since I know it works, and we ordered new ones. Goodness, I hope these work.

While the how-do-we-make-glasses-for-the-woman-with-freak-eyes conference was going on, I kept smelling something incredible and overheard somebody say something about crab cakes. My ears perked up. I do love me some crab.

Next thing I knew, one of the nurses came up behind me and handed me a little plate with two fresh, homemade crab cakes on it. I could tell by the incredible aroma—it's not like I could see them.

I'll tell you what . . . you can re-make my glasses as many times as you want. Just keep the crab cakes coming.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: