Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pancit. Coming soon to a theater near you.

WELL.

I learned how to make authentic pancit today from an authentic Filipino lady. Niriel is a good friend who makes the best noodle dish I've ever eaten. She gave me her recipe months ago and I followed it to a T.

You can guess how that went.

So when we found out Niriel's family was moving, I begged her to let me watch her make it just one time, and today was the day.

I would tell you all about it, but I'm in a pancit-induced stupor. I took 59 pictures (I'm not kidding) and made notes of all her little tricks (the ones that aren't in the recipe). Then she sent me home with a huge pan of it, plus a bag of homemade lumpia.

I love that woman.

The pancit post is coming, I promise. I just need to clear my head of rice noodles.

In the meantime, here's the latest from Deb (with the caption):

Hi! I'm obsessed with my tongue and the raisins!

At least he's not dumping boxes of pasta.

Thought for the day: For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.  2 Corinthians 5:1

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: