Friday, January 1, 2010

Just because we love the demolition.

Abbie and I went shopping today, and, wonder of wonders, I found a pair of really cute boots that actually fit my ugly, deformed feet (I have bunions) in the very first store! I'm hoping that's an omen of good things to come in the new year.

When we got back, we heard the unmistakable sounds of construction coming from the back of the house. I got to my bedroom and this is what I found:






You can't see the bed for all the stuff piled on it. My desk is in the right corner. That massive hole in the back wall used to contain a fireplace, which is now on the deck:



We never did like that fireplace anyway. It smelled funky when we tried to actually, you know, burn a fire in it, and it leaked like nobody's business when it even looked like rain, so we're glad to see it go.

Here's what's coming in its place:



Hopefully tomorrow I'll have pictures of a finished project.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: