Sunday, November 8, 2009

Saturday recap and Christmas card request.

I had a great day in Lynchburg with Leah and Abbie. Leah and I went down in two cars so we could leave one of them with Abbie. She lives off campus and has been depending on the undependable bus to get to campus and back. With cold weather coming, we thought it best not to have her standing around for 30 minutes several times a day waiting for the bus that might come. And the church she wants to go to is about 20 minutes away, so now she can go.

We spent the day fighting typical Saturday traffic, but had fun in spite of it. First we had lunch at Chick-fil-A. Leah used to work at a CFA, so she remembers the whole my pleasure routine. As we were leaving the parking lot, we saw this sign:




When you put quotes around something, it means sort of, but not really. So what this really says is "It's been kind of our pleasure to serve you, but not really ." I've submitted it to The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks.

Then we made stops at the mall (shoes for Abbie, a dress for me, a purse for Leah), Target, and the now-famous Jersey Mike's Subs (that's my idea of cooking dinner). Leah and I left in the fiddle-mobile and made it home by 6:40. Ate a sub and I am quickly running out of gas. I hear a hot bath calling . . .

One last thing: My cousin told me about some friends of his who have a 5-year-old boy in the end stages of cancer. He loves Christmas and Christmas cards. His family is celebrating Christmas next week because he likely won't be alive in December. If you'd like to send him a Christmas card, here's his address:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: