Thursday, November 19, 2009

I have a budding Wordsworth! And way too many leaves!

I am drowning in leaves. Elijah and I raked/blew the front yard again today (this is the second time this fall), and still haven't gotten to the back yet. Tomorrow it rains, Friday the leaf-mountains in the back will be wet and miserably heavy. Goody. Then I dug up some iris bulbs that needed to be planted deeper. Still haven't gotten my daffodil bulbs in. Hacked off the forsythias that grow so big every summer the branches actually grow into the garage and up under the siding. Moving them to a spot where they can grow happily wild is also on the to-do list, but alas, there's no time, and if I could find time, I can't find the pointed shovel. Drained and put away the hoses and various attachments. Figured out for Abbie that the input values of a function are the domain, and the output values are the range. Promised to send her directions home (she's directionally challenged). Washed and dried two loads of laundry. Worked four hours. Balanced chemical decomposition equations with Elijah. Made a big pot of split pea soup. I'm sore, but I don't know if it's from yard work or my blessed Pilates class yesterday. At least my abs aren't seizing up,and that's a vast improvement over last week's class. I think it was a productive day.

Well, that was a run-on paragraph. So much for the "one topic, one paragraph" rule.

Abbie (the daughter at Liberty University) is on twitter, and she has decided that every tweet will be a poem. She gets quite imaginative with them. Here's the one she posted just a little while ago:

Home in days
To sing the praise
Of Mama's blessed cooking
I'll hold the Bean
I haven't seen
Whenever Deb's not looking  =)

That made me laugh and cry all at once! I love that girl and can't wait to have her home for a whole week.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Deb said...

Well, Abbie's tweet made me cry! I can't wait to see you guys!