Friday, October 16, 2009

You know you need to get a life when all your posts in one week are about food.

Ice cream makes me happy, especially when it's Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch. Honestly, this is the best ice cream on the planet. Maybe it's the 17 grams of fat per 1/2 cup serving. Like anybody eats half a cup and stops. Seriously, people who buy premium ice cream are not doing it to savor the aroma. They are buying it to stuff their faces full of it, and that takes more than a standard serving. But do you realize that even if you did only eat the prescribed half-cup, that would deliver more than half your daily recommended fat intake in one handy mug (that's how I eat ice cream)?

I can totally blame this on my mother. She is the original ice cream connoisseur in the family. When I was a teenager and she was a teacher, we arrived home from school in the afternoon at about the same time. We might have been known to get out the half-gallon of Breyer's Vanilla Fudge Twirl, get two spoons, and stand at the counter eating right out of the container. No need to dirty a bowl, we'll just eliminate the middleman. My little brother tells the story of catching her eating ice cream with a vegetable spoon one day, since all the smaller spoons were in the dishwasher. At least, that was her excuse.

So I come by it honest. Heath Bar Crunch is my friend. ♥



And this made me laugh. A glove that lets you have two fingers free? Is that for counting your money in the cold? Or picking up cheerios?


I haven't been shopping with Abbie in a long time, and we had fun last week getting her a phone, a new sweater, rain boots, and snacks to take back to school. And eating at Chipotle. Twice. I'm sensing a pattern of food=fun here.

She's coming home again this weekend for homecoming. There's a reception on Friday, a picnic on Saturday, barbecue on Sunday. Time to make THE PUMPKIN BREAD.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: