I didn't do this last week because the questions just didn't do much for me. (Actually, it was because there were questions I didn't want to answer publicly. I'm weird that way.) But I needed some blog fodder this week, so here it is. Thanks, Lid, for thinking up random questions every week.
1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
Lately, I’ve bought a few things. Usually, not so much. Someday the tuition bills will stop coming.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
I would love to show you a picture of a gorgeous quilt I made, but the truth is I haven’t made a quilt since my kids were very little. Maybe someday I’ll start again and make them for the grandbabies. I made a modesty skirt for the grand piano in our church’s auditorium. Don’t have a pic because it’s 25 minutes away.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
For storage space, too small. For cleaning, just right. We have friends with huge houses and I always think, “How would I keep this huge house clean?” At the time we bought (the height of the housing market), it was the most we could afford, so I’m thinking it’s just right. And we love where we live. It’s close to everything, but has a country feel because of the big lot, backs up to woods, river out back, room for the man-boy and his dog, etc. I’m happy here.
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
I used to like cutting grass, but that was when I was young and in shape. Now I would say it’s planting flowers, which I don’t do much of anymore. Though I do have a bag of bulbs to get in the ground soon.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
Not a chance. It stinks. Would you lick an ashtray?
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Drive. See # 12.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
My blog. It doesn’t earn money, it doesn’t help me make headway on my perpetual to do list, it’s purely for my own pleasure. It’s just something I do because I want to. Just for me.
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
Movie, about ten minutes. I’m just not a TV/movie fan. It has to be really good for me to sit that long (think Bourne movies or While You Were Sleeping). I give books a little more time because I love to read and would rather read a bad book than watch almost anything on TV.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
I loved the song Carrie Underwood sang with Randy Travis, but I only heard it on the radio in stores because I don’t make a habit of listening to country music. The words were stupid, but I love their voices together. I guess the only reason I would be embarrassed to admit it is that the song is about people saying "I told you so," which is just a stupid thing to say. It's about unforgiveness and holding a grudge. Not terribly edifying. Why couldn't they sing about people loving each other?
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
It depends on how much work I need to get done. That pretty much dictates everything.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
Oh, yes. It must be real iced tea, not that vile powdered swill. And Rold Gold pretzels. And the salmon must be fresh, not frozen. And Kraft’s new and improved Ranch dressing is just plain nasty.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
I become a first-rate control freak when someone else is driving. It doesn’t matter who is driving. I am an equal-opportunity freak.
So there you have it. The weekly, random, more-than-you-wanted-to-know-about-me answers.
But just to make it worth your while, here's the latest of Sticky Bean:
Be thankful ~