Friday, May 15, 2009

Dang peas.

Have I mentioned that we are waiting for our first grandbaby to be born? Our daughter is too, only I think she's feeling a tad more desperate than we are. Since her first visit to the midwife last fall, she's been given three different due dates. So depending on which one you go by, she is either grossly overdue or due in two days. I wish somebody would tell the baby that. She says the baby's head is so low, she's afraid she's going to sit on it.

In other news, I stupidly announced on facebook that I was going to stake the peas today if it was the last thing I did. I've gotten as far as laying the stakes on the ground next to the garden. And now I'm praying for rain.

I did manage to go to the gym, for which I give myself major props. I hate going to the gym. Ben says it's because I don't vary my workout, blah, blah, blah. He wants me to get up at 5 am and go with him. The problem with that is that it's still night. As in dark. Stars. Moon. Owls hooting in the woods. My body is smart enough to know you're supposed to be sleeping when it's dark. On the other hand, I don't want to look/feel like a cow either, so I live with this dichotomy. But for today, at least, I can be proud that I went.

And now, in my effort to avoid gardening, I will take the dog for a walk. Because what's more important—food or a happy dog?

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: