Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bad! Bad! Bad blogger!

I was so excited about the incredible aroma of baking tomatoes with browned, crusty cheese spread all over the top that I forgot to take a picture of the tomato pie I made yesterday. And now, of course, it's much too late.

I guess that means I'll have to make another one.

Hurt me.

In other news, my grammar has been corrected. I was all proud of myself for teaching my kids the difference between lay and lie, but neglected to include that funny maritime usage of "lay about" which means turn around or something like that. Leave it to the Brits to screw up the English. Honestly.

And in other other news, I have everything I need to start the school year except the Spanish. I'm putting that off since it's $219 and I just spent a little over six hundred on my glasses. I can only take so much sticker shock. Of course, $219 next week is the same as $219 this week, so I really don't know what I'm gaining, but that's the way it is. We've paid tuition for two kids, bought all their books, and I'm putting a lock on the checkbook. Ben says it's a hemorrhage.

We need more platelets.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: