Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm buying stock in Tamiflu.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Ben stayed home from church this morning. He had planned to, since no one likes to have toes coughed up on them.

Abbie had planned to go, and got up early to shower and do her hair. By 7:30 she was sitting on the floor in front of the woodstove looking pretty pathetic. So she stayed home too. She has been in the recliner all day, covered with three blankets and has a cold washcloth on her head. Headache, fever, cough, aches, fatigue.

Elijah went to church with me, and when he came to the car after Sunday School (we have church first, then Sunday School), he looked at the box of donuts in the back seat and DIDN'T EAT ONE. Came home and went to bed for three hours. Woke up with fever, cough, aches, severe headache.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Everyone here in my family is sick. Even my grandchildren.

Except that they're not born yet.

I'm beginning to feel like Elijah - I'm the only one left, Lord! But I'm still washing my hands feverishly - no pun intended - and praying like crazy. Is there any hope?

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: